About Me

My photo
Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
I'm a director of Maidenhead United Football Club. For ten seasons one of my roles at the club was to produce the match programme. The aim of this blog was to write football related articles for publication in the match programme. In particular I like to write about the representation of football in popular culture, specifically music, film/TV and literature. I also write about matches I attend which generally feature Maidenhead United.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Havant a clue...

...when I'm going to see Maidenhead win a point or three.  Tuesday night's performance at York Road against Havant & Waterlooville was full of praiseworthy intent and hard work.  Once again the team played well enough to earn at least point only to fall to defeat to another late goal.
Aldershot youth team goalkeeper Jordan Clement made his debut.  Jordan joins a distinguished line of Maidenhead United players and officials who have shared a cricket pitch with me.  In his case playing for Sandhurst against Pinkneys Green.  Other cricketing Magpies include Steve Palfrey, Jim Parsons, Ray Margrave, Ken Balchin, Steve Croxford, Peter Griffin, Vernon Pratt, Jon Swan and Matt Sealy.

No comments: