About Me

My photo
Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
I'm a director of Maidenhead United Football Club. For ten seasons one of my roles at the club was to produce the match programme. The aim of this blog was to write football related articles for publication in the match programme. In particular I like to write about the representation of football in popular culture, specifically music, film/TV and literature. I also write about matches I attend which generally feature Maidenhead United.

Friday 11 March 2011

Diddymen Doddle

A comfortable win at home - what a novel experience.  With two well worked goals in the first twenty minutes  from Jermaine Hinds and Mark Nisbet, and very few worrying moments to threaten to burst this comfortable bubble it was great to watch home football as it should be.  A black and white cat then crossed my path to indicate this would be our night. The difference in status between the two sides was clear to see in this initial opening period but once Didcot had got up to the pace an evenly contested game ensued leaving the remainder of the game without further addition to the score and Maidenhead through to defend the County Cup in May.

No comments: