About Me

My photo
Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
I'm a director of Maidenhead United Football Club. For ten seasons one of my roles at the club was to produce the match programme. The aim of this blog was to write football related articles for publication in the match programme. In particular I like to write about the representation of football in popular culture, specifically music, film/TV and literature. I also write about matches I attend which generally feature Maidenhead United.

Saturday 20 November 2010

Gulls Pipe Down

I'm not an opponent of music at football grounds per se, but for me once the whistle blows for kick off the action  should speak for itself.  If there is a resulting lack of atmosphere then that's down to either what's on offer on the pitch and/or apathy off it.
As the man in charge of the PA at York Road I'm happy to pledge that I will play celebratory goal music over my dead microphone, and I'm no Nick Clegg.
In future I just want to hear Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis played at the Darts.

No comments: