About Me

My photo
Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
I'm a director of Maidenhead United Football Club. For ten seasons one of my roles at the club was to produce the match programme. The aim of this blog was to write football related articles for publication in the match programme. In particular I like to write about the representation of football in popular culture, specifically music, film/TV and literature. I also write about matches I attend which generally feature Maidenhead United.

Sunday 28 November 2010

Bale Out

Bale mania reached ridiculous heights this week when ITV commentator Peter Drury exclaimed "at last he shows some humanity" after the Welsh winger missed a penalty against Werder Bremen.
Already we've had Richard Keys applying the "better than Bale" test to any player deemed worthy of praise by his co presenters, now Drury seems to be saying he thinks he's either an alien or an unfeeling tyrant!
All disregard the fact that Ryan Giggs might have something to say about Bale being the best left winger in his country let alone the rest of the world.

No comments: